Friday, September 19, 2008

Looks like we don't do nap time!

Brooklynn is really enjoying her new preschool. She's learning a lot, making new friends, sharing and playing nice, singing songs, creating cute art projects, etc. However, when it comes to nap time we're having some issues. Yesterday, I stopped by her classroom on my way out of the building to see all the children laying quietly on their mats. The only child not laying on their mat was mine. This was because she was standing and dancing on her nap mat. I was speechless. All I could do was grab her, her nap mat, and take her home ( nap is the last activity of the day). Needless to say there was no objection from her teachers. :) On our way home Brooklynn and I had a discussion about laying down on our mat and how nap time was quiet time. So today I was hopeful that we would at least lay down quietly even if we didn't nap. Well, when I picked Brooklynn up today her teacher informed me that Brooklynn spent the whole nap time telling the other children to "shoosh and lay down!". Clearly our conversation didn't go exactly the way I had hoped but at least she took something from it.

2 comments:

Becca said...

You are not alone. Andrew won't nap either. I think he is the only one too.

Whitney said...

Too funny!!!