Thursday, May 1, 2008

Daddy Is The Greatest! (at least in Brookie's book)

On top of all of the usual things I have going on this week, I have finals for graduate school this week. Our computer decided to black out while I was working on one of my final papers, which added to my already high stress level. So needless to say when 7:30 rolled around I was totally prepared to put Brookie to bed and get back to studying. Brooklynn was bathed, calm, and ready to go "night-night". Well, Daddy came home seconds before I planned to put Brooklynn in the bed. He thought it would be a great idea to bring her balloons from his after work function. WHAT! As you can imagine, it was a big hit with Brookie! Daddy was the greatest, balloons and a rescue from bedtime! What more could a toddler want! So after 30 minutes of balloon fun, Brooklynn finally retired to bed. Of course, both Daddy and Brookie thought I was being "no fun". You gotta love Daddies and their timing! :)



UPDATE: "God is good all the time!" This morning Brooklynn decided it would be fun to watch her balloons fly near the ceiling fans (which were on). Hendersohn didn't see the harm in this, his exact words, "what's the big deal?". Well of course they got stuck in the fan and twisted up the cords. Hendersohn spent 20 minutes trying to pull blue balloon out of the fan while Brooklynn and I watched in amazement! :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

The update is Too funny :) I can just picture him trying to get the balloon out.

GioMitchTrev said...

LOVE the update! If only our men would listen to us... :):)

The Giggling Begins... said...

That is too funny! OH man I'm sorry about your paper. I can totally picture you! Congrats on school being done! Yeah! You're free!